Friday 26 April 2013

Time Well Spent


I must say that the learning from this program is deeply felt as they appealed to every part of my being.  However, I would mention three of them here: 1) Week 2 of EDUC 6160 – Early childhood Development was on Amazing Changes—Infants and Toddlers (0–2 Years Old), wherein we discussed the changes that take place in children from birth to age 2.  The discussion centered on The Many Faces of Attachment, which talked on what makes babies feel attached to adults, whether parents, siblings or care givers.  2) Week 5 of EDUC 6161 – Effective Program & Practices taught us the Child Centered Curriculum, Part 2.  This is a current trend that needs to be emulated in the preparation of curriculum in order to make class activities enjoyable for the children through learning and play.  3)  Week 6 of EDUC 6360 – How Adults Learn was on different perspectives of adult learning and this gave me an exposure into the variety of approaches to adult learning in existence today. 

A long term goal that I am projecting is on becoming a renowned international children advocate.  This is someone who will be ready to stand up for the children, their families and the communities as often as necessary.  That is, being the mouth piece of the less privilege in the society.

Waoh! It has been a very long and rigorous journey, but it has been very educative, instructive and friendly.  Actually, I am now thinking, ‘does that mean no assignment for me as from Monday, April 29, 2013?’  It has been very rewarding sessions of interchanging of ideas, ones that might not be achievable in the classroom.  To this effect I want to say THANK YOU to all my instructors and colleagues in this program since inception and especially those that I am parting from now.  You all have made my learning worthwhile and you all have been good collaborators!  I’ll miss you all, but I know we can always contact one another.


Some Favorite quotes

We worry about what a child will become tomorrow, yet we forget that he is someone today. ~Stacia Tauscher
A child seldom needs a good talking to as a good listening to.  ~Robert Brault, www.robertbrault.com
Creative play is like a spring that bubbles up from deep within a child.  ~Joan Almon
Children find everything in nothing; men find nothing in everything.  ~Giacomo Leopardi, Zibaldone Scelto

My contact information is:
Name: Momoh, F. F.
Phone: Mobile: 234 802 292 1327
             Office:  234 01 277 2222 Ext. 67267

4 comments:

  1. Hi Folashade! It's been a long, challenging and rewarding road. Finally, we are here. It's time to celebrate. I wish you continued success in your personal and professional life! Keep on making a difference in the lives of many!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shade,
    I will gladly consider you an internationally known ECE leader!
    gregoryuba@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Folashade,
    We have taken classes together more than once and I love what you brought to the classrooms discussions. Hope you are able to reach the stars! Best of wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shade,

    You said it well when you said, "Woah". I understand exactly how you feel. It has been rigorous but also rewarding. I have enjoyed your many insights within our discussions and blog assignments. I wish you well in all your endeavors.

    Take care,
    Sally

    ReplyDelete