Saturday 18 August 2012

Considerations, Reflections, Aspirations


The hope that i have when I think about working with children and families who come from diverse backgrounds is that, having gone through this course on equity and diversity, I will be able to create a more peaceful and conducive atmosphere for learning and forming relationships.

The goal I would like to set for the early childhood field related to issues of diversity, equity, and social justice is helping children to treat one another fairly and with open mind with respect for other people’s identity.

Hello everyone!  So soon we have come to the end of another course.  However, i need to mention the fact that without you being there i might not have been able to come this far, therefore, i am saying, from the bottom of my heart, a very BIG THANK YOU to you all for always being there for me.  I will always cherish your supports, your probing questions and insightful comments, I hope we will meet again.

2 comments:

  1. Teaching children to treat others fairly and with an open mind it certainly important, but often difficult. I hope this class has given you some ideas as to how to accomplish this. Good luck in your future classes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Folashade,

    I do agree that it is important for children to respect each other treating one another equally. I feel that this is something that needs to be taught my teachers and parentes. Thank you for all your input this semester.

    ReplyDelete