Saturday 12 May 2012

Your Personal Research Journey


My chosen topic for the simulation is “Eighteen-month-old infants show increased helping following priming with affiliation”.  I chose this topic because I feel that there is need to bring back the sense of togetherness in the society in order to develop and encourage peace and harmony.  I believe that one of the ways to do this is by happily rendering voluntary assistance to people around us, especially those in dire need that we live with but pretend that we neither see them nor understand their needs that we can easily supply.  I am of the opinion that the earlier we start inculcating this in the children from their tender ages the better for the society.

This simulation process has been an eye opener for me into undergoing a stress free research and I have access to as many quality materials as I may need.  With the “Practical guide to reading research articles”, I can detect quality in articles and decide on the one to use as needed.  So far, I am enjoying the step by step process into the research simulation.

The construction of the research chart has helped me to pay more attention to citation in correct APA format, providing and citing a direct and complete quote in a study, how to locate and identify the participants and other important information in an article.

I will quite appreciate your contribution in form of advice, insight or other resources concerning my chosen topic, no contribution is small.  I, also, will not hesitate to assist any where I can.
 
This is thanking you all in advance!

2 comments:

  1. Folashade,
    Your topic sounds very interesting. I agree with you that it is certainly important to develop the sense of togethernees and closeness in relationships early in life. I look forward to following your blog as we continue with this project. I also agree that the chart will be helpful as we continue to gather information.
    Judi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Folashade!

    Your chosen topic is going to be fun to learn about because it is very new to me. I can feel your passion through the work that you already do. I admire your dedication to help and to teach children the habit of helping others. I will support you on your research journey by sharing any credible sources relating to your chosen topic. As an early childhood professional, I wish you the best of success as you conquer new insights and understandings!

    ReplyDelete