Saturday 3 March 2012

Establishing Professional Contacts and Expanding Resources


Since the Global Alliance of NAEYC has e-mail addresses for early childhood professionals worldwide, I decided to go through that route. I tried to locate and contact two professionals; one in Ibadan, Oyo State in Nigeria, while the other is in Mankessim, in Ghana.  I sent an email to them individually, but no response.  I sent another, hoping that I will get a response, but still, none yet.  I contacted four more and also sent to the earlier two in order to keep on moving.  But as at Saturday, there was still no response.  Although, I would not want to choose the alternate assignment, but since I there was no response from the professionals contacted, I was left with no choice.  For four of the six contacted, I received an automated “message not delivered” response.  This shows that most of the emails on the website are no longer functional.

I moved to the World Forum Foundation.  Here also, I tried severally to gain access to the links to podcast of conversations with early childhood professionals from around the world.  After the several attempts, I was able to gain access and listened to the early childhood professionals. 

Selecting an early childhood organization out of the whole lot was not an easy task because I was engrossed with all the organizations.  The process used was: checking through some of the websites in different locations; looking through their vision and mission; their various impacts; finally, I settled for Zero To Three: National Center for Infants, Toddlers, and Families, this was picked from Early Childhood Related Websites – United States.

I felt disappointed with the ‘undelivered messages’ received.  I feel there should be a way to keep all information on websites active and up to date.

With all that I have done this week, my horizon is widened and I am feeling as if I have traveled all over the world.

4 comments:

  1. I have had the same difficulties in making contact via emails. I resorted to purchasing an international phone card to try to make contact by phone. Maybe trying during the week will produce more results than this week end has, which is none. I will post any contacts and how they happened. Stay encouraged

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi:

    I had trouble accessing the World Forum Foundatioon radio but I am glad you were able to get in and listen. I'm going to try again and see if it works for me. I am interested to hear what these professionals have to say!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,

    I had some trouble as well. I used the Global Alliance of NAEYC too, but I have still not heard from the two that I selected. I hope they contact me within the next couple of days, because I am very excited about this project and I'm looking forward to the outcome from my two chosen contacts as well as my class mates contacts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, it was difficult to choose a website and I spent pretty much a whole day looking at each one. They were all so interesting.

    I was also disappointed that I couldn’t make contact with anyone, however I thought about how often there may be staff turnover because it is seen often in the childhood field and perhaps many of those professionals are no longer working for those particular organizations.

    ReplyDelete